The preparation time takes between 30-40 minutes, and the number of serving can take up to 2 people.
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 to 5 finely chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder from Comino El Rey
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon powder
- 300 grams of cooked and drained Chickpeas or Chochos secos
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1 pack (500 g) of Tomato Tamarillo sliced
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of sugar
- Fresh parsley
- A few segments of lemon
- Rice as a side
1. Put a pot on a medium heat / strong and when hot add 1 tablespoon of neutral oil (sunflower, canola, etc.). Then add the seeds of cumin and fry them for a few seconds until they release their aroma.
2. Add the chopped onion together with a pinch of salt and sugar. Cook it stirring constantly for a few minutes so that it browns slightly. Then lower the heat to a minimum and cook for 15 to 20 minutes until it is caramelized.
3. When the onions are ready, raise the heat to medium and add the garlic. Then add the cumin powder, fry them for a few seconds and include them well with the onion.
4. Smash the tomatoes as a puree and add them with the 1/4 cup of water and the chickpeas/chochos. Add also 1 teaspoon of salt and half a teaspoon of sugar. Stir well.
5. Bring to a boil and then lower the heat to a minimum. Cook semi-covered for 30 to 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. When the stew is ready, check the salt and add pepper to taste. Serve with the rice, a little chopped parsley and a slice of lemon.
Now you are ready to enjoy the Pure Latin Taste!