35 min. preparation
Looking for a Latin-inspired appetizer dish to help liven up weeknight dinners? Then you'll want to try this easy Tilapia ceviche recipe at home, made with all the love and some generous ingredients, following the peruvian's classic style preparation.
- 2 Lbs tilapia fillets, sushi-grade,finely diced
- 15 limes (14 halved, 1 cut into wedges)
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded cucumber
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup Clamato juice (or also shrimp-tomato juice as an optional)
- 1 tablespoon bottled hot sauce
- Tostadas - Toasts
- Mayonnaise (optional)
- 1 avocado, halved pitted, peeled and thinly sliced.
- Place the Tilapia in a medium bowl. Squeeze the juice from the lime halves over the fish and mix gently to combine. Chill in the refrigerator until the fish is white throughout, about 15 minutes.
- Drain off the lime juice, gently squeezing the fish with your hands. Discard the lime juice. Mix the tomato cucumber, onion, and cilantro with the fish. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add the clam-tomato juice and the hot sauce, if desired.
- Spread the tostadas generously with mayonaise. Top the tostadas with the ceviche.Arrange the avocado slices on top of the ceviche and serve immediately, with the lime wedges alongside.